I started with the table below, which I found for $20 at a yard sale a few weeks ago. I decided it would go in the lounge/bar (sunroom) in my new house and that I wanted to make it a little more fun to look at.
To start my project, I had to sand the tabletop down so the paint would hold better. So I sanded away. I've never done that kind of thing before so I had no clue hot to know when I sanded it enough as you will see in a bit. I sanded it and got it taped out, thanks to help and brainpower of my sweet man, David. I then went out to stain it, which was my original plan for the table. However, I did not read the instructions well enough and screwed up the whole staining thing. This resulted in my having to re-sand the entire table and start over. This actually turned out to be a bit of a blessing because I realized I had not sanded the table NEARLY enough the first go around.
|The stain. It looks fine here, but because the table wasn't sanded well enough it didn't ever set right.|
|After I sanded off the stain, and re-taped the pattern.|
|Waiting on legs to to dry to put it back together|
|My new table :)|
Though this table was frustrating at times, I really enjoyed working on it. Now that I have done one, I know it will make other projects a little easier because I definitely learned a lot throughout this project. I'll be blogging a house update very soon, I start moving this weekend :) Hope you all have a great weekend!