Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 9: Picture of Friends

Theresa and Olivia
Michelle, Chelsea, and Lindsay



Two of my best friends are Theresa and Olivia. I will start with Theresa, I have known her since 5th grade! She is my twin, soul-mate, BS, road trip buddy, and love of my life! We are always confused for one another and people always think we are sisters, which we may as well be :) We were inseparable until Sophomore/Junior year of high school. We were still friends after that, but we both kind of went our separate ways with different groups of friends but we never had an issue with one another. Well, once we graduated, we somehow became reunited again and have been best friends ever since. We do not see each other every day or even every month, but when we do get together, it is like we just saw each other the day before and we pick up right where we left off. I can talk to her about anything and am so blessed to still have her in my life after almost 13 years and I know we will continue to grow closer as we get older!
Next, there is the lovely Miss Olivia Bogdan. Thank goodness Olivia was Theresa's roommate in the dor or else I would have never met her! I have only known Olivia since our freshman year of college, but I feel like we have known each other for so much longer. All of our freshman year, Olivia, Theresa, and myself were the 3 amigos. I swear we did almost everything together, especially considering I moved myself in their dorm room thanks to the futon. Olivia is one of the most genuine, caring people I have ever met, and I know that I could go to her for anything. She also has one of the most spectacular families ever, in good ole' Dickson, TN. Although Olivia has decided to become a little world traveler, and leave us high and dry in Memphis, I still think of her everyday and try and catch up whenever possible. Anyone lucky enough to know Olivia can vouch for me that she is an incredible woman and her courage and ambition to do all the amazing things she has done it truly inspiring.

 Three more of my best friends, Michelle, Chelsea, and Lindsay. I have known these girls since high school and although they all went away for college, we are still close. I met Michelle and Lindsay through mutual friends, and I met Chelsea freshman year when we both tried out for softball together. We are all 3 extremely different but whenever we are together we have the best time, especially since it does not happen often. I don't know what I would do without these girls and I am so glad that through the moving and distance we have managed to stay this close. I love them with all of my heart and can't wait for Christmas when we can all be reunited again!!

     Now for some reason it is not letting me put up more pictures so the next few will have to be pictureless :( The next friend I would like to mention would be Ellyn Thomas. We met through Phi Mu, and became really close our sophomore year when we both moved into the Phi Mu house. Ellyn is most definitely one of my best friends and someone I could not imagine not having in my life over the last few years. We have always had each others back and continue to even now. Our year together in the Phi Mu house was a year full of crazy memories and too many good times to list. The next year, Ellyn moved out and into an apartment while I stayed at Phi Mu. We still hung out and talked to each other about everything and once I moved out of the Phi Mu house, we became roommates once again! I loved all of our crazy nights and adventures together and am so glad Phi Mu brought us together. 
      The last person I am going to talk about is Katie Henderson. I absolutely adore this girl, and by adore I mean despise of course haha. I first met, well saw, Katie at the Ole Miss/Memphis game my freshman year. This little blond girl was sitting in front of me talking in an obnoxious high pitched voice and doing anything and everything that could potentially get on my nerves. Side note: At this point, I had not decided to go through rush and join a sorority, in fact I was totally against it thinking it was just stupid and pointless. Moving on, this little blond girl was wearing letters and at the moment I turned to my friend and said "That is the reason I will never go greek." Well, needless to say that obviously didn't happen, because I did rush and I joined Phi Mu, which of course that little blond girl, Katie Henderson, was a part of as well. After a couple of years we finally got to know each other and I instantly realized that she was not that obnoxious little ball of energy but someone who acted eerily similar to me. We lived together in the Phi Mu house and eventually became amazing friends. It is because of Katie that I have the awesome job on campus,  got more involved in Phi Mu, and started to realize what I was capable of. I am so glad I ended up joining Phi Mu and getting to know her because I know my life would just not be the same if I hadn't. Everyone needs a little t-county in their life and she definitely provides me with enough t-county to go around haha!

Sorry such a long post but it is tough to try and make it short and sweet when it comes to my friends because there are just too many! This hardly put a dent in the amount of people who have been a part of my life and had an impact on me in one way or another but it'll have to do!






No comments:

Post a Comment