Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hello!

Hello all, it is has been too long since I last blogged but I have just been buried in all of the seminars, lesson planning, capstone, working, and everything else! I have been student teaching for 7 weeks so far and it has been going beautifully. I absolutely love my class and have one of the best mentor teachers I could ask for. We are so much alike in the sense that we just aren't much into worrying, we just go with it. While I have several peers who seem to be worrying their life away over all of the nonsense we have had thrown on us, I have simply come to the conclusion that I have made it this far and I will graduate.  I know it would take some pretty extreme measures for me not to graduate and get my license at this point because I am doing what I was told to do and that's all there is to it.

Other than that, my life is pretty uneventful. The past couple of weekends have been so nice and I have taken full advantage by taking Maddie to the park. She has really gotten a lot better out there, instead of staying right by us the whole time, she is starting to wonder and make friends, which is wonderful since she has lots of energy to get out thanks to that jack russell in her! I am still working but I took off this week since I am completing my Capstone teaching event. It is nice being able to relax a little bit after a long day at school instead of having to turn around and go straight to work.

I have to sign up for my final interview with Teach for America at the end of the week. I am getting very anxious and nervous about this, especially thinking about if I were to actually be accepted and what I would do! I have to keep reminding myself to take it one step at a time. I interviewed with Shelby County a couple of weeks ago and it went really well. That was my first job interview ever, so I am glad I got that one out of the way before the TFA one. I am so excited to see what direction my life goes in come May 7th. I am ready to finally be out of school (as a student) and be a teacher!! The thought of having my own classroom and a more permanent place to live is so exciting. I am ready to move onto the next phase of my life and see what it has in store. Only 73 more days :) Hope all is well with every one else and I will try and update sooner next time! Farewell until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment