Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Resolutions

     I am not usually one for resolutions, but this year I decided to make a few that would help better my quality of life. I am going to share them here, in hopes they will help keep me a little more accountable - unlike in years past.

1.) Get in shape. I know you are probably thinking, yea yea yea doesn't every one say this? Yes, you are right, I feel like this is a resolution that every human being makes every year, but this is definitely at the top of my list. While it is about losing some weight so I can be happier with my appearance, it is equally about doing it to simply be healthy. I got a sweet Groupon in December for 6 weeks of Boot Camp with Memfit and I jumped right on the deal. It was $40 for a $280 value worth of boot camp. When I bought it, I saw it was set to start January 2 (today) so I knew it was the perfect way to kick off this resolution. I cannot wait to get started and to start making changes for the better in my lifestyle.

2.) Stop biting my nails. Another, oh so cliche resolution - but seriously, I am sick of my nails looking like crap so I am going to try my best to fix it.

3.) Cook more. I want to do this for a couple of reasons. One being that I love cooking and trying new things, so cooking more would help me with my cooking exploration even more. Secondly, I need to cooking and stop eating out so much. The last month I have been throwing money away eating out a solid 3 days a week. That is ridiculous! I need to stop being so lazy and get my butt to the store and cooking :)

4.) Run a half marathon. This one will be by far the most difficult one for me. I am not a runner, never have been, but my hope is that after this boot camp, I will have developed a liking to working out and be able to tackle this goal. I would love to be able to say that I ran 13.1 miles, especially considering my love/ hate relationship with running.

5.) Last, but not least - I want to blog more. Not just blog, but have more substantial blog material. I would love to start back blogging about recipes experiments and start blogging about more teaching activities and lessons I have done with my students. We will see how that goes :)

What are your resolutions for 2012, or do you just throw the whole resolution idea right out the window? Wish me luck, I will try and keep you updated on my progress :)

3 comments:

  1. One of my goals for this year is to run a half too. & I have never been a runner, but I have been shocking myself with my progress. So if I can do it, so can you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you the best in 2012, be strict on yourself, that's my motto. Tonight I will be figuring out my new year resolutions with my hubby. I have faith it you. I feel the same way about running. I haven't ran since November and I will start back again tom. ugh, as much as I hate it, I need it! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are great resolutions!! being healthy, trying new recipes, and blogging more is something we could all do :)

    ReplyDelete