Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Spinach Lasagna Rolls

I finally got around to trying another recipe. My dear friend Whitney came over last night so I tried it out on her. It was nice having someone to eat dinner with and very nice catching up as always! I would say these turned out pretty wonderfully, I will definitely be making them again.


Spinach Lasagna Rolls
  • 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
  • 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
  • 15 oz ricotta cheese ( I used low fat)
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 egg
  • salt and fresh pepper
  • 32 oz spaghetti sauce
  • mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • Italian seasoning 
  • Minced or crushed garlic  
** I do not have measurements for salt, pepper, italian seasoning, parmesan and mozzarella cheese, or garlic. I love cheese so I just put as much as I want :) and as far as seasonings, I just season to taste!**

-Preheat oven to 350°. Combine spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning in a medium bowl.
-Ladle about 1 cup spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish.

-Cook lasagna noodles. Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry.
-Spoon out ricotta mixture ( you can be pretty generous) and spread evenly over noodle. -Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.

-Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with mozzarella cheese.
-Put foil over baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes 9 rolls.


That is all there is to it. It was actually pretty simple to make, and I am sure you could make the rolls and freeze them so you would just have to pop them in the oven for a little quicker meal :)

The filling for noodles.


Noodles with filling spread.


Almost finished product, before baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment