Monday, February 25, 2013

Whole30 Day 20-25

Here are a few things I have been eating these last few days.

I made a delicious skirt steak using this recipe
I served it over spinach and/or kale and had enough for a few meals. I served it with either sweet potatoes, asparagus or even both depending how lazy I was feeling. I also browned some lean ground beef and mixed in some veggies and served it with an egg for dinner one night too. I am all about these quick recipes. I am getting more used to just going in my refrigerator and throwing some stuff together, haven't had a flop yet!

I also made a bacon, onion kale salad. I just cooked my bacon and onion in a pan, and then tossed in some kale to get some extra bacon/onion flavor and ate it just like that. It was super quick and easy, and filled me up!

I made myself another batch of homemade mayo to keep up with my tuna/chicken salad fixins, have eaten eggs in about any form you could imagine and have tried to up my veggie intake even more. Last night for dinner I sauteed broccoli, cauliflower and shrimp in olive oil, seasoned with a little salt and pepper. I figured I could afford to cut down on the red meat and eggs a little.

Tonight, I plan on having some sort of concoction similar to last night. Full of veggies and maybe throwing in a little chicken or shrimp, or both if I am feeling especially feisty.

I am also embarking on a workout journey tonight. I joined The Kroc last week with Dave. I am pretty pumped, it opened this weekend and I think it is really going to be a nice place, plus it solves my pool problem for the summer. We are going tonight to explore and I will get in a little work out too. Let's keep our fingers crossed that I don't die from participating in physical activity.

Hope you all have a wonderful week, and I will be back this weekend with my final update!

Bacon, onion, kale salad

Ground beef sauteed with kale and spinach, served with an egg and some sweet potatoes

My skirt steak served over spinach with sweet potatoes and asparagus

No comments:

Post a Comment