Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Whole30 Days 5-6

Here I am, 6 days into my Whole30 adventure. Here is a quick update on my meals the last couple of days.

Day 5: (Overall pretty boring, used some leftovers and had to have a quick dinner due to other plans)
Meal 1: 2 eggs and a clementine
Meal 2: Hamburger, 2 hard boiled eggs, carrots
Meal 3: Lettuce wraps (ground beef cooked with onion and celery, seasoned salt/pepper/garlic/cumin)

Day 6:
Meal 1: 2 eggs and a clementine
Meal 2: Left-over lettuce wraps, celery, apple
Meal 3: Sautéed seasoned chicken, shrimp, onion, & broccoli in olive oil and asparagus

Today, however, marks a turn around! I had two exciting events take place: 
1) I got my order of meat from U.S Wellness Meats
2) I attempted and was successful in making my first batch of Homemade Mayo 
 These 2 things open a lot of doors as far as what I can eat and cook in the coming weeks. I found some good tuna, chicken, cucumber, and egg salad recipes which will keep me from getting in a food rut.

     As far as how I am feeling, I have found that I am sleeping better at night, I fall asleep almost instantly and don't toss and turn throughout the night. My energy levels haven't really changed, and as far as my headaches, I haven't notice a huge difference yet. I still have them, but I have noticed they are not as intense as usual. I haven't had anymore grouchy days since Sunday, thankfully.

     I will post again sometime this weekend. I can't wait for it to be here, that's for sure! I am lucky enough to have been invited to see Mary Poppins at the Orpheum with my friend, Abby. I cannot wait! Until next time, I will leave you with some food documentation.

My order of meat and seafood!

Day 6, Meal 3: Chicken, shrimp, broccoli and a side of asparagus

My homemade mayo
 

1 comment: