Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Whole30 Days 16-19

     Happy Tuesday and happy 19 days to me! I can finally start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have found some more new recipes, as well as stuck with some simple,basic ones that I find myself making over and over. Here is a quick update on my meals

Day 16
Meal 1: Inside Out Scotch Eggs
Meal 2: Homemade Tuna Salad
Meal 3: The last bit of my pot roast from valentine's day and asparagus

Day 17
Meal 1: Baked bacon wrapped eggs (heavenly), clementine, Sweet Potato Hash
Meal 2: Homemade chicken salad served over spinach
Meal 3: Sockeye salmon burger, baked sweet potato chunks, asparagus

Day 18
Meal 1: Swirly Crustless Quiche adapted from Practical Paleo
Here is the recipe I used, it lends itself to plenty of variation depending on what you like:

10 eggs, beaten
2 medium zucchini
Shredded carrots (a couple handfuls)
Fresh, chopped spinach (a couple handfuls)
1/2 lb Whole30 Approved Pork Sausage
Rosemary, thyme, sage, salt, pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375
Mix all the veggies and seasonings in one bowl and let set.
Brown sausage and add to the veggie mixture.
Mix in eggs.
Coat the bottom of baking dish with olive oil (I used a 7x11 since I only used 10 eggs instead of 12, and it was plenty big enough!)
Pour mixture into baking dish and bake about 40-45 minutes, until a little golden brown around the edge.

Meal 2: Homemade chicken salad and an apple
Meal 3: Grilled chicken and asparagus

Day 19
Meal 1: Breakfast quiche
Meal 2: Homemade chicken salad served over spinach, blueberries
Meal 3: Shrimp over spinach, asparagus, baked sweet potato

     The breakfast quiche I made was the best idea ever (thanks to my brother). It makes enough to give me a quick, tasty breakfast for the week. I also like it because you can make it with pretty much anything in there you want. I plan on making it again for next week, and maybe throwing in some onion, kale, and bacon. I highly recommend giving it a try :)

     If you didn't notice, I ate a lot of chicken/tuna salad the last few days, but it has come to be a staple food for me, especially for lunch. I can make a big batch of it ahead of time and have it ready to go for lunch throughout the week. I can serve it plain, in lettuce wraps, over spinach, with some type of veggie, whatever. It is quick and easy which is what I need!

     Overall, I am feeling better. Headaches haven't subsided, but I can't say I am surprised. I have noticed I have a little more energy, but definitely not anything drastic. My sugar cravings have calmed down A LITTLE, but I would still do just about anything to get my hands on a cupcake, or reese's or cookie (11 more days)!! I have a few more recipes I plan on trying this week and next, and will keep you posted for those of you who are actually enjoying following along on this journey.

Do you have any recipes you think follow this program that you could share? Please feel free, I am always up to try something new out! Have a wonderful week!

Bacon Wrapped Eggs!

Salmon Burger with sweet potato chunks

My "Swirly Crustless Quiche"


No comments:

Post a Comment