Friday, February 15, 2013

Whole30 Days 11-15

Hello! Here is a quick check-in on my eats these last few days!

     I had a lot of the same things, so I am not going to go and repeat those each day, I will focus more on the newer things I tried out.

     I had my usual over-easy eggs and hard-boiled eggs for breakfast each day, and occasionally for lunch/dinner. I made a delicious chicken salad adapted from the tuna salad I made a few days ago. It was rather tasty. I plan on making a big batch of both chicken and tuna salad this weekend.

Homemade Chicken Salad: ( I didn't measure anything, just did it by taste and texture)
Boiled chicken breast (grass-fed)
Homemade, olive oil mayo
Splash of apple cider vinegar
Crushed almonds
Diced celery
Salt & Pepper
Paprika
Hard-boiled egg
Dijon Mustard

     One night for dinner, I made a random mix of sauteed chicken, shrimp, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and served it over some fresh baby spinach. It was a quick and simple way to get my protein and veggies in.

     Valentine's Day was quite a challenge. So. many. sweets. everywhere! I wanted cookies, cupcakes, ice cream, etc. But I could not have a bite :( I had some left-over chicken salad and carrots for lunch, and was really ready to get home to the tasty dinner I was making. I ordered a 3lb, grass-fed, center cut shoulder roast and had it in the crock pot ALL DAY. Needless to say, when I walked in the house my mouth immediately started watering. It smelled heavenly. I didn't do anything special to it, just had it in there with onion, celery, carrot, salt, pepper, and fresh garlic and let it cook on low for about 8 hours, and then just turned it to warm the last house before I ate.

     Dave came over to celebrate our 5th Valentine's together, which I was happy about so I could share this delicious food with someone! I had the roast, and also made some baked sweet potato chunks and asparagus. My oh my, I don't normally brag on myself, but it was quite a delightful little meal if I do say so myself. Even Dave, who is not a fan of sweet potatoes, enjoyed it! Now, I am not going to lie and say I had no desire for a rich, delectable dessert, but I did refrain and caught up on some Modern Family to occupy my brain and sweet tooth.

     Today is officially the half-way mark for me. 15 days down. Overall, it has gone by pretty quickly, but there have been says (especially this week) that seem to go on forever. I was really hoping this sweet craving I am having would have subsided a little by now, but it has just intensified and really making things difficult. Hopefully I can stay strong and avoid the temptation of homemade cupcakes and cookies for 15 more days... not to mention Girl Scout Cookies!!!

     Headaches are still here, not as bad, but they haven't gone away either. Not sure if they will or not, either way, I really do feel better about how I am eating and plan to stick with it for the most part even after my 30 days are up. Given, I will still allow myself to eat sweets and peanut butter and cheese, I will just keep it to a minimum instead of 7 days a week.

Hope you all had a fabulous week and Valentine's Day. Have a great weekend, too!
Homemade Chicken Salad

Valentine's Dinner

Random chicken.shrimp, veggie mix over spinach

No comments:

Post a Comment