Monday, June 27, 2011

Recent Reads

     Thanks to work being slow slower than usual, I have had some extra time on my hands to start reading. I love reading but I just haven't had the time to do a lot of it the last year or so. With that being said, I pretty much read 3 books in 3 days and am now onto my 4th! Here are the 3 I read last week:


1) Eat, Pray, Love -- I didn't actually read this entire book in a day. I started this book last fall, but with all of the school work I was having to do with student teaching, I just never got around to finishing it until now. I thought it was pretty a pretty good book overall. Not a favorite, but had some good parts throughout-- a little to drawn out for me at times though.

2) The Art of Racing in the Rain -- LOVED this book. It is the first book I purchased through iBooks and read on my phone (which made my desire for an iPad even greater!) I literally read this book in a single afternoon. There were parts I did not care much for, but as a whole I really enjoyed it. Made me love my Maddog even more :)

3)Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea -- This is the 2nd Chelsea Handler book I have read and I can honestly say I have enjoyed them both. They are books that you can easily read on the side while reading a more in-depth book. Filled with short stories and adventures of her life, I found myself getting quite a few good laughs in while reading it.

Now for the book I am starting today:


The Help -- I have heard numerous people talk about this book and how much they enjoyed it so I figured it was a good choice for my next read - especially since they are going to be coming out with a movie in August! I am really looking forward to this read and hope it is as good as everyone says it is. I am 1 ch in with 33 to go :)

Anyone have any other good book suggestions? Send them my way, I am up for trying anything!

1 comment:

  1. Read the Help, and I loved it! You will like it too :) Also, what do I love about this post? Oh, just MY NEW computer in the background.... ;)

    ReplyDelete